“The rulings that the SEC seeks to appeal were legal determinations about the existence of investment contracts based on undisputed facts. The undisputed facts (e.g., Order at 23 (Programmatic Sales are ‘blind bid/ask transactions’)) present a legal question – can an issuer’s offers and sales on crypto asset trading platforms create a reasonable expectation of profits based on the efforts of others? This legal question is at issue in a number of pending cases, and a Second Circuit ruling will have ‘precedential value,'” the filing said.
- Suncor Energy Looks Golden (NYSE:SU)
- USD/TRY rises above 27.00 amid rising USD yields, CBRT hike
- Judge grants DoJ motions barring testimony of Sam Bankman-Fried’s witnesses
- Uniswap launches educational platform with DoDAO
- FDX Earnings: Here’s all you need to know about FedEx’s Q1 2024 results
- FOMC Weighing on Aussie Dollar
- Bitcoin’s 87% Drop in 2021 Was Caused by Sam Bankman-Fried's Alameda, Ex-Employee Claims
- Phishing victim sends eye-watering $4.5M in USDT to scammer
- Canadian Inflation Is Rising Again: Will The Bank Of Canada Have To Hike?
- Market Update – September 20 – FED will stay on hold; Dot Plot, SEP are key