As Ethereum Basic (ETC) is nearly to hit DAG epoch 350 and Ethereum (ETH) about to observe it in a month or so later miners which are nonetheless utilizing AMD Radeon GPUs with 4GB of video reminiscence could begin experiencing issues. So we’re seeing some up to date to mining software program for Ethash addressing potential points with the DAG measurement rising close to the restrict of the 4GB VRAM and making an attempt to increase the usability of those video playing cards to the most recent doable time. Miners with 4GB VRAM GPUS could already stared having points with the principle card if not utilizing a built-in GPU because of the elevated reminiscence utilization for the first card by Home windows, so the built-in Intel GPU for main card might help, alternatively switching to Linux working system in case you are presently working Home windows might also assist to realize just a few extra DAG epochs. It’s also possible to think about changing the principle video card with a one which has extra video reminiscence obtainable as a way to compensate for the elevated VRAM utilization trigger by the Home windows working system, and be capable of make cash on-line, though there are additionally different choices like performing some playing, utilizing choices just like the w88 website on-line.
The newest PhoenixMiner 5.0b replace has added assist for mining with 4GB AMD playing cards past the DAG epoch 350 (ETC is at #349 a the second, ETH is a #338). Relying on the OS and driver variations you might be utilizing with this replace you must be capable of use 4GB AMD GPUs till epoch #372-#373 beneath Home windows, and #380 beneath Linux. PhoenixMiner is quick (arguably the quickest) Ethash (ETH, ETC, Muiscoin, EXP, UBQ, and many others.) miner that helps each AMD and Nvidia playing cards (together with in blended mining rigs). It runs beneath Home windows x64 and Linux x64 and has a developer price of simply 0.65%. PhoenixMiner additionally helps Ubqhash for mining UBQ, ProgPOW for mining BCI, and twin mining Ethash/Ubqhash with Blake2s. In response to the miner builders the pace of PhoenixMiner is mostly sooner than Claymore’s Ethereum miner in ETH solely mode (about 0.4-1.3% pace enchancment, although your outcomes could also be barely decrease or greater relying on the GPUs). To realize highest doable pace on AMD playing cards it could be wanted to manually alter the GPU tune issue (a quantity from Eight to about 400, which will be modified interactively with the + and – keys whereas the miner is working). If in case you have used Claymore’s Dual Ethereum miner, you possibly can swap to PhoenixMiner with minimal problem as most of Claymore’s command-line choices and configuration information are supported.
Some essential ideas for longest doable use of 4GB AMD playing cards with PhoenixMiner by the devs:
– In case your rig is utilizing Intel CPU, use the built-in graphics as major show adapter. To do that, go to motherboard’s BIOS setup and alter the “Major show adapter” to iGPU (or built-in GPU). Additionally, in case you are utilizing precise monitor or HDMI plug, put it within the motherboard video output.
– If you happen to can’t use built-in GPU, exchange the first GPU with one with 6GB or 8GB VRAM.
– Don’t improve to a brand new AMD driver until it’s explicitly supported by PhoenixMiner. With 4GB AMD playing cards, this won’t solely decrease your hashrate, however might also make it unattainable to mine when the DAG epoch is above #350.
– After the DAG epoch strikes previous #350, the optimum
-gtworth for the 4GB AMD playing cards could change, so attempt to run auto-tune once more after DAG epoch #350 to search out the most effective GT values for the playing cards for mining, though in order for you different methods of doing cash like playing the usage of websites like capsa online are probably the greatest choices for this.
What AMD drivers to make use of for mining beneath Home windows:
– Good drivers: these are variations from 22.214.171.124 to 19.7.5 (inclusive), and from 19.12.2 to 20.4.2 (inclusive). These will will let you mine till DAG epoch #372-#373 and received’t want restart of PhoenixMiner on every DAG epoch change.
– Not so good drivers: these are variations 18.1.1 to 18.10.1 (inclusive), and from 19.8.1 to 19.12.1 (inclusive). This may will let you mine till DAG epoch #365-#366 and would require restart of PhoenixMiner on every DAG epoch change (for these drivers this might be preformed robotically until you will have added
-dagrestart 0command-line choice to explicitly disable the auto-restart).
– Drivers older than 18.1.1 weren’t examined for 4GB DAG operation.
What AMD drivers to make use of for mining beneath Linux:
– Below Linux all comparatively current drivers (i.e. final 24-36 months) permit mining till epoch #378-#380, however there are way more driver bugs, so in case you are completely satisfied along with your present driver model, don’t change it.
Test Some Extra Related Crypto Associated Publications: