Get your every day, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related information – investigating the tales flying underneath the radar of at this time’s crypto information.
- Legend Holdings, the proprietor of the Lenovo Group, has issued a press release denying it has made any “digital forex” or “blockchain” investments after rumors and studies circulated on-line. Per Sina, the corporate stated that social media accounts which have known as for buyers to again its blockchain and digital token operations are “faux” and are completely unaffiliated with Lenovo and Legend Holdings. Lenovo is greatest identified outdoors China as a PC producer.
- In a seed spherical in April, Lightning Network-focused startup Zap raised USD 3.5m, its founder Jack Mallers revealed in an interview with Forbes this week. Morgan Creek and CMT Digital are among the many buyers, the report added.
- Teller, a blockchain venture for decentralized lending, announced a USD 1m seed elevate led by Framework Ventures, adopted by Parafi Capital and Maven11 Capital, to construct the first-ever algorithmic credit score threat protocol for decentralized finance (DeFi).
- Shinhan Life Insurance coverage, a part of the South Korean Shinhan Group (proprietor of Shinhan Financial institution), stated it should launch a blockchain-powered medical insurance coverage billing service. Per Cash Immediately, the Shinhan subsidiary has teamed up with blockchain healthcare firm MediBloc on the deal – and can enable clients to make real-time claims by way of a smartphone app.
- The Ping An Group’s good metropolis initiative will make use of a blockchain-powered funds and ID platform for public transport and different providers in Shenzhen, China. Per East Cash, the platform may also enable residents to make use of paper-free, on-line ID options that make use of blockchain expertise.
- Japanese blockchain gaming agency double.leap has penned a take care of a Singapore-based Ethereum (ETH) pockets supplier named Torus Pockets. The Japanese agency is greatest identified for creating the hit blockchain sport My Crypto Heroes. The pockets maker supplies direct hyperlinks with social media platforms and chat apps resembling Line.
- Chinese language e-commerce large JD.com’s blockchain platform “will assist SMEs higher shield their rights,” per Sina. JD.com stated that its platform will assist reduce down court docket arbitration time in authorized disputes involving small companies down from a month to simply seven days.
- Japanese crypto change GMO Coin stated it has launched an “simple” know-your-customer (KYC) interface that may enable would-be account holders to enroll quicker. Per Fisco (via Genotosha), the interface will enable the change to eliminate time-consuming email-based processes.
- Binance Pool, a crypto mining platform, partnered with BitRiver, a significant internet hosting supplier for crypto mining within the CIS. The latter has added a node of Binance Pool to its crypto mining datacenter within the metropolis of Bratsk, Russia. “Binance Pool’s node will allow BitRiver’s clients to have a extra dependable and better high quality connection between their mining units at BitRiver’s information middle and Binance Pool’s platform,” the platform said.
- Riot Blockchain, a Nasdaq-listed public crypto mining firm, said that it has obtained 1,000 S19 Professional miners, the primary of three orders cumulatively totaling 3,040, S19, and S19 Professional Antminers from Bitmain at Coinmint’s Massena, New York facility. Deployment of those 1,000 new S19 Professional technology miners was estimated to be accomplished at this time.
— to cryptonews.com